Tuesday 9 April 2013

Designing a timeline

I made a mock up timeline to see how to make it visually interesting. At first I tried using a few different images throughout the history of war games showing slightly in the background but it was a bit too cluttered so decided to go with something more subtle.


This final version features a plainer background, with the title being used to show various games throughout history. I did this by placing them along the title, selecting the pixels, then inverting the selection and deleting the area on each picture that wasn't making up part of a letter. I also added an army man silhouette to add some extra visuals.


To complete the timeline with the information added, I added a border around each section on the timeline and added a small image for each game. I also added the dates clearly to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment